Senior Professional in Human Resources Certification (SPHR)
Definition - What does Senior Professional in Human Resources Certification (SPHR) mean?
The Senior Professional in Human Resources Certification, or SPHR, is designed for the experienced human resourses professional who maintains accountability within their department while also working to influence their organization as a whole. This exam consists of 175 multiple choice questions that must be answered within a 3-hour timeframe. Each question will fall into one of the six functional areas which include:
- Business Management and Strategy (30%)
- Workforce Planning and Employment (17%)
- Human Resource Development (19%)
- Compensation and Benefits (13%)
- Employee and Labor Relations (14%)
- Risk Management (7%)
Potential candidates with SHRM memberships will be required to pay a $375 examination fee while non-members will pay $425. This exam is only offered one time per year during a pre designated testing window and must be taken at an authorized testing center.
Testopedia explains Senior Professional in Human Resources Certification (SPHR)
The SPHR represents a highly advanced certification in the realm of human resources. This is not an entry level certification and should not be treated as such. Individuals who are interested in obtaining their SPHR should realize there are substantial prerequisites that must be met for eligibility. These include at least one of the following:
- 7 Years of Demonstrated HR experience
- 5 Years of Demonstrated HR experience with a Bachelor's Degree
- 4 Years of Demonstrated HR experience with a Master's Degree